Develop the Fundamentals of Reading from Phonics to Reading Fluency
From Phonics to Reading & Writing
Starting in our pre-reading course, children will first learn how to recognize and sound out letters, eventually combining letters into words. Pre-reading transitions seamlessly into early reading, and eventually into our Reading & Writing program. As soon as they are ready, even young learners will read one book every week.
Pre-reading classes are designed for children who have little to no previous instruction.
- Learn how to write, recognize, say, and sound out the letters of the alphabet.
- Make crafts to reinforce letter concepts and practice skills like following directions.
- Listen to and answer questions about a story.
Early reading classes are designed for children who know their letters and sounds and are ready to read.
- Review letters and sounds to distinguish placement of sounds within words.
- Learn short and long vowel sounds.
- Practice sounding out words and recognizing word patterns.
- Read short sentences and stories to reinforce vowel sounds and word patterns.